Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week 6 - Reflections


Hello everybody!

This week was full of several activities to do. I'll briefly describe what I did, what I learned and what I managed during the week.

Week 6 offered us two discussions  - 1. Interactive Power Point Presentations and 2. Teaching Larger Classes. I am not teaching larger classes. So I chose Discussion #1, because I always find Power Point Presentations very interesting and educative though  I have never created PPP for my classes due to technical problems in our University. The articles that our instructor suggested provided us with a lot of valuable information about the efficiency and productivity of PPP for both teachers and students. I got aware of important tips and key elements of creating interactive PPP. I learned that by adding few texts, but more videos, images, sounds and other useful elements they really help us get rid of monotony of the lectures and workshops, the students get much more attentive and motivated for the issues presented in the class. 

One of this week's tasks was to create an Interactive Power Point Presentation. Following the instructions I could make one interactive PPP. As it was my first presentation, I met some difficulties and it took me several hours to complete this task. But I really enjoyed doing it. I created a mini quiz consisting of 10 questions making 30 slides. I used hyperlinks and added comments on the answers whether they were right or wrong. I wanted to add sounds, but it didn't work. Nevertheless, I think it doesn't look bad! :-) Now I can prepare a number of interactive PPP for next year!

As I mentioned above, our university had some problems with the access to the Internet. So I couldn't begin to apply the technology tool in my class. I hope I will do it next week and take notes about what I have done.

This week our dear colleague Hasina faced difficulties with her family! I wish God will help her and her husband and we look forward to hearing good news from her next week!!! :-)


I wish all my colleagues and my dear instructor Mrs. Donna Shaw all the best!

Take care!

Gulnar!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Gulnar,

    Isn't it great to be learning so many nice things?
    Imagine all the work that took you to create that first presentation, but all the work you saved for the future. Next time you just have to change the questions and answers and the rest is already done!

    It sounds that you enjoyed as much as I did with this assignment!

    Greetings,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete


  2. Dear Veronica! Thank you for your comment! I absolutely agree with you! When you see the effective result of your work, you get proud! :-) I am glad we both succeeded in creating our presentations!

    I wish you many many achievements!!!!

    Take care!

    Gulnar

    ReplyDelete