First of all, I want to mention that I am so happy to participate in this online course organized by University of Oregon, American English Institute. I am so grateful to all staff for creating such opportunities for us teachers!
I want to write about what I did during the first week.
The first week was devoted to the course and introducing ourselves to each other. There are many instructors from different countries and different cultures, so I am so glad to make new friends and share opinions with each of them. All my colleagues have devoted their lives to teaching and are professional in their jobs. So it gives me great pleasure to benefit from their experience.
The main tasks to be performed through the whole week were filling out the needs analysis survey in order to help the course instructors determine the best class for us. And the most important task was to create a blog that I had never done it. At first I faced some problems in creating a blog, but thanks to the instructions I coped with all the difficulties and managed to do it. Every week we must post new messages and inform about how successfully we completed the tasks and given assignments.
What about discussions, I found them more enlightening among all the tasks. Because I witnessed respect and collaboration between the course members. As my colleagues mentioned, everybody took the topics seriously and presented valuable opinions. I really enjoyed them.
We were informed about the guidelines and ground rules for discussions. I absolutely agree with them. We must all follow these rules for improving ourselves and being professional online instructors.
Finally, I want to say that the course is really fantastic. I can see the progress I made during a week. And all these due to the strenuous work of the University staff, especially Ms. Donna Shaw. She is so kind and attentive to all of us. Thank you so much!!!
Hello Gulnar,
ReplyDeleteYour blog is great! I enjoyed reading your post.
Donna
Hi Gulnar,
ReplyDeleteThis is Mukta from Bangladesh, How are you? I've enjoyed your Blog; post!! Its so nice and wonderful. Yes Week 1 was really a great starting for us. We are now in week 2, hope you are enjoying this week too. You know, in WEEK 1, itt was for the first time I went to the Blog site and yes, I've created a BLOG of my own!! It was a great pleasure and excited exploration for me!! All credit goes to this course, I'm grateful to AEIUO.take care & enjoy.......
Hi Mukta. I am Ok, thank you. I hope you are well too. Thank you for your comment, I am glad you liked it.
ReplyDeleteI am really enjoying the course. This is the second week, but I have learned a lot of things that I didn't expect! What about creating a blog. I shared the same problem with you :-) It was also my first exerience, but I hope we all managed to do it thanks to our dear instructor.
I completed all the given tasks. I am sure you did well too.
I wish you luck in your life!
Take care!